Rodolfo R. Roman
759 S.W. 100 Ct. Cir. Miami, Fl 33174
OBJECTIVE: To obtain a challenging position as a reporter will allow me to utilize my skills, education and experience to contribute to the stations overall success and growth.
August 2003- December 2006 Bachelor of Arts in Journalism and a Minor in Political Science, Miami, Fl
Florida International University
August 2000-May 2003 Associate’s in Arts in Mass Communications, Miami, Fl
Miami Dade College
October 2008-Present CORAL GABLES TELEVISION Coral Gables, Fl
- Write, shoot, produce, and edit “What’s Happening Coral Gables”, a daily brief program taking an in-depth look at special city events and news.
- Write and anchor “Newsdesk”, a bi-weekly news show.
- Write, shoot, edit, report for “Our Gables”, a show dedicated to digressing city departments work. The program won a “Davey award”.
- Report, write and edit video for “Coral Gables Now”, a monthly community program.
- Report on several issues such as sports, parenting, health, and city elections.
- Served Assignment editor and assigned other reporters and producers stories.
- Covered Mcdonald’s All-American high school basketball game at the University of Miami and interviewed upcoming superstar Derrick Favors.
- Analysis on Copa Sur Americana.
- One-on-one interview with former Miami Heat coach Pat Riley, basketball players Shaquille O’Neal and Dwayne Wade; football players Dan Marino and Antrel Rolle; Tennis player Andre Agassi.
- Covered Super Bowl festivities in Coral Gables and local girls’ soccer team championships.
June 2010-Present LICENSED MIXED MARTIAL ARTS Florida/Michigan
- Served as ring announcer for Alpha Fights 3, 4 and 5. Hosted and ring announced Mixed
- Fighting Alliance New Generation 2.
- Served as cage insider and host of G-Force Bad Blood 4 and 5, which aired on MTVtres’s and MGM Network.
- Served as host for Fight Time Promotions Fight Time 3, 4,5, 6,and 7, which aired on Foxsports affiliate Sunsports.
- Served as marketing manager for Fight Time Promotions. Using social media tools as Facebook and Twitter, my position included updating the companies pages with content whether it be using video, picture or text.
- Developed marketing strategies to target demographics using social media.
May 2005-Present THE MIAMI HERALD (NEIGHBORS SECTION) Miami, Fl
- Cover all of Village of Biscayne Park Commission, Committee meetings, news and events.
- Cover all Village of El Portal Committee, Council meetings, news and events.
- Cover police department and resident issues.
- Write feature stories on special residents, restaurants, and religion.
- Covered Mixed Martial Arts events in South Florida. Strikeforce Miami; Bellator 12 and 13; G-Force Bad Blood; and Rock at the Rumble 3. Interviewed Bobby Lashley, Roger Huerta, Eddie Alvarez, Hector Lombard, and Gegard Mousasi.
- Full coverage at Wrestlemania 24 in Orlando.
- Covered Miami Heat’s Alonzo Mourning’s community efforts.
January 2000-Present 1450 AM UNION RADIO SHOW IMPACTO Miami, Fl
Radio host, analyst, and interviewer
- Interview important politicians like U.S. Senator Mel Martinez; DemocraticPresidential candidate, John Edwards; U.S. soldier Carlos Mejia; former Nicaraguan President Arnoldo Aleman; Former Nicaraguan President Candidate, Herty Lewites.
- Covered 2006 Nicaraguan Presidential elections and 2004 U.S. Presidential elections.
- Analysis on the Wars in Iraq and Afghanistan; 2008 Presidential election analysis.
- Have dialogues with listeners live on air via the telephone.
- Interviewed former major leaguer Dennis Martinez, professional boxer Ricardo Mayorga and Alexis Arguello.
October 2011- December 2011 Tremendous Media and Entertainment/ Travel Channel
Fixer/ talent for Travel channel’s Andre Zimmern’s Bizarre Foods Miami.
- Prior to the production arriving to Miami, Fl., assisted directors with finding locations to film the television program. Communicated with several business owners to set up times with filming.
- Served as talent during the filming of the program educating the host about the Nicaraguan community living in Miami, Fl.
July 2007-May 2008 CBS4
- Write daily scripts for evening newscast.
- Call live shots. Assist Producers with show line-up.
- Write reporter’s packages; provide story ideas; assist reporters with information; interview local officials; assist assignment desk.
- Assisted the sports department by conducting interviews with former basketball player Dennis Rodman, professional boxers Tito Trinidad and Roy Jones Junior,
June 2005-December 2005 WPLG LOCAL 10 Miami, Fl
- Prepared and wrote anchor daily headline briefs.
- Covered local news stories and MTV Music Awards show.
- Helped produced morning show and prepared interviewees.
May 2004-January 2005 EL NUEVO DIARIO DE NICARAGUA Managua, Nicaragua
- Covered Nicaraguan elections.
- Covered traditional Nicaraguan cultural events.
SKILLS Fluent in both English and Spanish (oral and written), computer literate, excellent writing, speaking, improving skills and multi-tasking. Ability to contact important sources and spot meaningful stories. I also work well with inews, Adobe Premiere and Sony Vegas editing programs. I can also film using almost any type of video and photography camera.
REFERENCES Writing samples, video tape demos, and audio clips available at www.rodolforoman.com.